Stratascorp Technologies, Consulting Team helps capture win with local Hampton Roads small business company and Northern Virginia (NOVA) small business company with winning the Annual Security Compliance Assessment Opportunity Assignment for AT&T and Department of Treasury Network (TNet).
Department of Treasury Network (TNet), is an enterprise-wide area network that provides inter-bureau routing access, IT services, and site-based IP connectivity and security services to the United States Department of the Treasury. AT&T and the Department of Treasury is required to meet annual Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) requirements for securing the network by conducting periodic risk assessments. Responsibilities include:
- Conducting a security assessment on the TNet system following NIST 800-53 Rev. 4, Security and Privacy Controls for Federal Information Systems and Organizations and Treasury Department Publication (TD P) 85-01, Treasury IT Security Program.
- Analyze results to validate that the chosen security controls are implemented correctly, operating as intended, and producing the desired outcome.
- Review system documentation to confirm that the system is represented correctly and is current.
- Gather artifacts to validate control compliance.
- Conduct Penetration Testing to discover system vulnerabilities.