StratasCorp a global company, headquartered in Virginia Beach, VA, is seeking a full-time Human Resources Manager to lead the overall administration of various human resources functions. Responsibilities include benefits administration, recruiting, employee relations, onboarding/offboarding, workers compensation and HR compliance. The Human Resources Manager reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer and collaborates regularly with senior leadership on policies, programs and strategic initiatives.
As a defense contractor, StratasCorp proudly serves the Department of Defense on a global scale. Our core equities include Cyber Security, Network Engineering, Electronic Warfare, Waterfront Support Services, Afloat and Sustainment Services, Telecommunications, Logistics, Background Investigations. – all in support of the Acquisition, Readiness and Modernization domains.
- Develop strategic HR plans to support company growth and development in all areas to include recruiting, benefits, compliance.
- Drive the benefits strategy for the company, evaluate existing and new options of benefits plans, make recommendations for changes or improvements, and oversee wellness initiatives.
- Administer benefits and HR programs in an efficient and effective manner, ensuring compliance in all areas (FMLA, FLSA, ACA, ERISA, etc.).
- Work with accounting and project control on labor adjustments.
- Maintains, analyzes, and reports all Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Plan and other compliance data (i.e. EEO-1, VETS4212, AAP, OSHA300).
- Prepares and executes the human resource operations budget to include HR team wages, recruiting costs, 3rd party contracts, and software needs
- Ensures compliance with all applicable Federal, State, and local HR and benefits laws and regulations and all contractual HR requirements
- As a member of the leadership team, provide coaching and guidance to other leadership team members.
- Work with managers to address and resolve all employee relations issues, including performance deficiencies and policy violations. Perform workplace investigations, document the results in a timely manner and recommends actions to senior management.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with other members of the leadership team and employees to ensure understanding of StratasCorp’s strategy, employee programs and benefits.
- Oversees and directs the action of all Employee Action Requests (i.e. promotions, bonuses, salary changes, etc.).
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive human resources management experience with at least three (3) years in a management role.
- BS or BA in Human Resources, Business, Organizational Development or related degree; MS or MA degree is preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience in the government contracting industry.
- Working knowledge of DelTek Talent and CostPoint.
- Experience working with a remote workforce. Experience with California and Hawaii employment law is highly desired.
- Extensive HR knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational development and employee relations.
- Ability to identify problems and drive appropriate people and process solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in tracking and analyzing data, and working with a leadership team to develop and implement plans to improve retention.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with senior leaders regarding company direction, challenges and opportunities.
- Solid written and oral communication skills; ability to present facts and recommendations effectively.
- Effective team building skills; excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
Stratascorp Technologies is a private corporation established in the Commonwealth of Virginia, is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. This commitment affirms Stratascorp Technologies policy to provide equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action laws, directives and regulations to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under Federal, State or Local law