Stratascorp Technologies is seeking a NOC Wideband Satellite Communication System Manager who will be supporting Military Sealift Command (MSC) located in the Norfolk, Virginia area.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Shall demonstrate background and knowledge appropriate to perform daily operation of the Wideband Satellite Communication System shore / ship infrastructure.
- Shall manage the entire bandwith allocation within each ocean region, as directed by MSC mandates, to provide the maximum amount of bandwith allocation within each platform based on a fair share value and current mission assignment utilizing Wideband Satellite Communication System Management Consoles at the NOC.
- Shall continually monitor each platform’s performance on the Wideband Satellite Communication System (network and be pro-active in resolving any outages.)
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Coordinate directly with satellite provides (e.g. INMARSAT) to ensure that all land earth station equipment is fully operational and continually monitored.
- Provide expert assistance with the design of upgrades to the infrastructure to improve quality of service to the fleet.
- Assisting with the trouble shooting of shipboard failures.
- Coordinate directly with shipboard operators to determine cause of failure and then coordinate either the re-configuration or shipment of new equipment to the ship restoration.
- Determine optimum time frame to shift ships from one ocean region to another, as ships transit requires.
- Test proposed configurations to ensure new capabilities are compatible with the MSC environment.
- Implement configurations changes or upgrades within MSC environment, including backup capabilities.
- Test installed capabilities including Continuity of Operations Plans.
- Maintain currency of as -is documentation (e.g. configuration documents, SOPs, etc. )
- The NOC Wideband Satellite Communication System Manager shall have experience in the following technology areas: Next Generation Wideband (NGW), Government INMARSAT, Long-Haul satellite terrestrial circuits, and Cisco routers.
- A minimum SECRET clearance is required.
- This is a Full-Time position – 40 hours per week.
Stratascorp Technologies is a private corporation established in the Commonwealth of Virginia, is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. This commitment affirms Stratascorp Technologies policy to provide equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action laws, directives and regulations to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under Federal, State or Local law.
|Job Category||IT - Services & Support|