Stratascorp Technologies is seeking a Unified Communications (Collaboration) Technician who will be supporting the United States Navy in Djibouti, Africa.
This engineer will architect, design, upgrade, install and configure a Cisco Collaboration suite to include Call Manager (server upgrade), TelePresence MCU, TelePresence Conductor, WebEx, Cisco Prime Collaboration, and Cisco MediaSense in accordance with industry best practice and DISA STIGs. The engineer will be working closely with the network and messaging team to establish QoS policies and integrate the Cisco collaboration suite with Microsoft Lync 2013. The engineer will be responsible for the creation of network as-built diagrams, knowledge base articles and other low-level design documentation. The engineer will provide timely updates in status of all assigned tasks to the project manager and members of the leadership team.
• 2+ years of professional experience of direct unified communications experience – IP telephony, video teleconferencing, instant messaging, presence
• Extensive experience utilizing SIP trunks, CUBE, TDM Gateways, MGCP, PRI, and H.323
• Knowledge of backup and disaster recovery procedures within Cisco Collaboration products
• Solid understanding of the different voice/video codecs
• Well versed in creating and troubleshooting end-to-end quality of service (QoS) policies
• Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
• Exceptional planning skills and ability to work within change management parameters
• Ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
• Works well inside team environment, positive can-do attitude
Qualifications / Certifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• CompTIA Security+ (or other certification IAW DoD 8570.1 Technical Level II)
• Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA): Collaboration (required) with 2 plus years’ experience with Cisco Telepresence and/or Voice infrastructure equipment.
• Experience and or familiarity with Cisco Nexus product line (Nexus 7k, 5k, 2k)
• Cisco UCS, and collaboration products (CUCM, TelePresence, MediaSense)
• Sniffer Analysis: Capture and analyze sniffer captures
• Familiarity with the DISA STIG and IAVM process
• Microsoft Lync/Skype for Business experience
• Candidates must have an active Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain TS/SCI
• Willingness to work flexible hours
• Must meet TESA requirements
• Shift Work may be required
• May be required to sign for equipment
This is a Full-Time position – 40 hours per week.
Stratascorp Technologies is a private corporation established in the Commonwealth of Virginia, is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. This commitment affirms Stratascorp Technologies policy to provide equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action laws, directives and regulations to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under Federal, State or Local law.
|Job Category||IT - Services & Support|